Perico named All-American | Arkansas Razorbacks
FAYETTEVILLE – Julian Perico, a three-time all-region selection, has been named NCAA Division I Honorable Mention PING All-American, as selected by the Golf Coaches Association of America.
Perico, who just finished his junior season, becomes the 25th Razorback to win the All-American title (12th in Brad McMakin era) and the group has been honored 42 times in total. Since arriving at Fayetteville for the 2006-07 season, at least one Razorback has been named All-American in 15 of McMakin’s 16 seasons.
Perico got his honor after:
- make the 2021 Arnold Palmer Cup for Team International.
- being named PING / GCAA All-Central Region for the third time in three years.
- receiving its third All-SEC honor (freshman in 2019, 1st team in 2020 and 2nd team in 2021).
- winning his second collegiate event, Vanderbilt’s Legends Collegiate against a fully SEC field.
- team leader for the third consecutive year (71.18).
- registering the team’s top five results in the top 20
- setting a school record with nine Eagles and becoming the all-time school leader in Eagles with 18.
- Be named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll for the second time.
Not only did Perico lead the Razorbacks in scoring for a third straight year, but this year’s season average of 71.18 sits third on the school roster behind his own school record of 70.38 set last season. . In addition, Perico currently has the school’s all-time average score of 71.13. Perico also holds the two best scores in the 54-hole program, winning the Jerry Pate National Intercollegiate in freshman with a total of 197 and this year winning at Vanderbilt with a total of 199.